A Collaboration Between
My Intelligent Tutor and Train The Teacher are thrilled to announce the 2022 annual poetry recital competition.
Enrol, receive your candidate entry certificate, candidate number, and upload instructions
Memorise and recite 30 secs to 1 minute of a famous poem in English
Practice and record your video
Upload video with your name and candidate number
What you can win
First Prize in English £500
All candidates who submit a video will receive a personal entry certificate
Winners will be announced and contacted September 20th 2022
How is it Judged?
The top ten recitals in English will be judged by a renowned academic and writer in the field of language
All poems will be
- between 30 seconds and 1 minute
- by a famous poet
- recited from memory alone
- not a simple rhyme poem
The criteria for judging all poems and the final ten are:
- To what extent does the candidate demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the poem? 10 points
- To what extent does the candidate clearly engage the listener with the language in the poem? 20 points
- To what extent is the candidate's voice and articulation dramatically effective? 30 points
- To what extent is the candidate's body language dramatically appropriate? 10 points
- To what extent is the candidate’s pronunciation of international standard? 10 points
- To what extent does the candidate demonstrate memory of the poem? 20 points
Simon is a University of Cambridge teacher trainer with many years of experience in delivering accredited training schemes such as CELTA and DELTA. He has worked with many well-respected organisations such as British Council, BBC and ELT publishers. Simon is an ELT consultant and curriculum developer.
Simon is a regular speaker at conferences and seminars and has provided professional consultancy and training to publishers, schools, universities, and educational institutions in Asia and around the world.
In a career spanning more than 27 years, Simon has gained a broad range of professional experience in developing innovative learning experiences for children, teens and adults, which incorporate leading-edge technology.
MA TESOL Sheffield Hallam University, 2012
DELTA International House, Barcelona 2000